Monday, April 12, 2010

Me and the girls (at least after I got rid of Daddy!)


Last Friday morning, I ran my last "long run" of my marathon training. My race is two weeks away, and my daddy tells me that I have to "taper" before my big race. He says that means that I have to run less to get ready for my big run. I don't get it. I think daddy is just being lazy. I want to run!

Anyway, my run Friday was great. Daddy woke me up at like 4:30 in the morning when three girls (Michele, Madison and Krystle) showed up at the house. They are my new bestest friends. I've run with all of them before, but today was really fun. We run 8 miles, and come back to the house. Daddy traded off with Mommy, as he had another marathon the next day and didn't want to run too many miles. Mommy and the girls took me for the next 8 miles, for a total of 16. Us girls chatted the entire way about really girly things, like boys and makeup. It was really fun. The picture above is us girls (I'm the one with my back to the camera, I didn't know Daddy was ready to take the picture. That is sooo not my best side!)

Another cool thing happened today. Daddy bought me this sports drink called "Go Dog." Its apparently like Gatorade for dogs. Its really yummy. I had my own water bottle full of this stuff, and Mommy and Daddy would let me drink out of my cup like every 2 miles. So cool.

2 comments:

jennhill said...

Yay baby girl! You are so much fun to run with. Our 3 miler tonight was awesome.

Thank you for helping me remember the joy of running on the tired days.

Hannah said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Pavlov!